Where were you on this date in 2001? Most of us can probably remember exactly where we were and what we were doing on September 11, 2001. I was at school in my second grade classroom. I don’t remember doing much teaching that day. Like everyone else, I felt shock that something so terrible could happen, shock that someone could purposely do such a thing, and fear of what else would happen. Yet I had to maintain my composure to keep from scaring the children in my classroom. Where were you? What were you doing? How did you feel?
While you remember that day and contemplate the overwhelming feelings you experienced whether on a personal level or secondhand as I did, I want you to think about another question. Where will you be? Where will you be when Christ returns? I pray that you know the answer to this question and have assurance that you will be spending eternity in heaven, but if you are unsure make today the day that you grab hold of that peace that passes all understanding. Don’t be standing in shock as we were eleven years ago today. Be ready!
“Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out-those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.” John 5:28-29
In John 6:39-40 Jesus said, “And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last lad. For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”
If you aren’t sure you’re ready, please read the steps below to find that assurance.
ABC’s of Salvation:
- ADMIT – Admit to God that you are a sinner. Everyone needs salvation. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
- BELIEVE – Believe in Jesus Christ as God’s Son and receive Jesus’ gift of forgiveness from sin. God loves you, and offers salvation to you regardless of your past. “For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).
- CONFESS – Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord to others. After you have received Jesus Christ into your life, share your decision with another person. “If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord’, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
If you just followed these steps to salvation, share with someone – a friend, pastor, or even me. Simply click the Contact tab above to send me a private email. I would love to hear of your decision!
Where will you be?
- I Will Never Ever Forget. No, Not Ever. (believeanyway.wordpress.com)
- Do You Feel Blessed Today? (breakawaybylintrollins.wordpress.com)
- September 11th (bpsfuelforthought.wordpress.com)
- It’s That Time Again… Time To Remember (apronsandappetites.com)
- After Six Years, I Revisited (ponytailprincess.wordpress.com)
4 thoughts on “Where were you?”
What a wonderful post. Thanks 🙂
Thanks for stopping by my blog today, Lauren!
Love this post, Tresa. Each of us need to realize how fragile life is and how little we are able to control, then turn it all over to Christ.
The most overwhelming feeling I remember about that day is wanting to gather all of my family around me because of the uncertainty of what might be coming next. My family is split between Ohio and Arizona and I just kept thinking…what if we can’t travel? Will I ever see the rest of my family again.
It was a frightening time.
Yes, Jan, it was quite overwhelming for everyone. I can’t imagine what those directly involved must have experienced!